Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Remains


One thought that struck me while at the Race Track was that the primary element that made this place unique was the tracks, rather than the rocks themselves. You don't have to look very hard to find rocks sitting on dry ground. This evidence left over to demonstrate that the rocks do in fact move by themselves...or by aliens, pick your theory...is very magical. That led me to explore the area in a different way. One of my first inspirations in photography was Brett Weston who took his fathers obsession with form and pushed it more to the abstract. I have always found myself looking for interesting patterns within objects themselves. This plays off of the same concept I mentioned in my photographs in sand dunes. I love the creative exercise and challenge of organizing shapes in the chaos of nature. Here are some samples of what I found.  


0 comments:

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved