Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 15: Petra

Tianna's corresponding blog: (click here)

FYI Tianna's blog is a must read for this particular day. It was by far the most unique and unexpected of all the days of my sojourn through the holy land. So I will not belabor the details of the day since Tianna spent more than enough time doing just that. So I will simply show the picture and refer you to Tianna for our adventure.

View from our window without the fireworks.

Tianna's bug bites


This is our taxi cab driver - Fares (seriously...read Tianna's blog)






I don't remember this gift shop being here when Indiana Jones showed up.



This is a carpet representation of the king of Jordan (You see his picture everywhere)


You can make your own souvenir sand art



This a little girl that is a masterful salesperson. (I bought rocks from her that I could have picked up off of the ground. She was that good.)





Fares took us to visit some family who were Bedouin so I could photograph them for my project.






We could not communicate with other at all and had an absolute blast together.


This is Fares' cab taken from the roof of his house.

This is the town where Fares lived. You can see his mosque in the upper left hand corner. (And I thought Ririe was small)

Ok...Honest opinion Muslim or Mormon?

0 comments:

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved