Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Binchester Roman Fort


This site was once the home of a large Roman Fort which was located in Binchester, Bishop Auckland up north in the United Kingdom. I visited this site right at sunrise knowing absolutely nothing about it. I parked my car and of course everything was locked up so I tried to photograph what I could find or get access to. As my large camera does tend to attract a certain amount of attention, it wasn't long before a wonderful lady named Julian, who lived on the site, came out and introduced herself. We ended up having a wonderful talk and she gave me a personal tour of the site, along with her large dogs, before they even opened up for the day. You can see one of the active archeological digs just to the right of this large tree.

0 comments:

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved