Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pinhole


I gave my Photo II class the assignment of creating their own pinhole camera and that they would each get one sheet of 4x5 film. The assignment was to get the exposure right with one attempt. Meaning they would have to calculate the f-stop of their camera, calculate the correct exposure, adjust exposure based on their f-stop, adjust for reciprocity effect and then take the picture. The exposures ranged from about 30 seconds to over an hour.

I wanted an assignment that would really test their technical prowess and still allow them to have a little fun. I decided to play along and so here is my exposure. It is the hallway leaving the computer science building, if you really care. I shall try to play a little catchup over the thanksgiving break and get a couple of pictures finished from the past six months. Cross your fingers.

1 comments:

Sheila Bocchine, Pinhole Photographer said...

Great idea for an assignment! I would love to see some of the other images.

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved