Thursday, February 2, 2012

Old "Crap"


I have yet to figure out why I take these kind of pictures or what I will do with them. All that I know is that I am drawn towards subjects that show visible signs of character and life. Brett Weston, who was one of my early favorite photographers, had a similar infinity and explains one possible reason: "The taint of age can be very beautiful. The wreckage of man-made objects is something more beautiful than the new. Rust and weathering adds a patina of...well, I call it 'elegant shit' or 'elegant gorp'."

p.s. Happy Groundhog Day!

1 comments:

Rie Teemant said...

When I saw the title of this post, I wondered how it related to that quote. There's definitely something intriguing about what's worn and still holding out.

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved