Sunday, December 8, 2013

Photographer Descending a Staircase


I spent some time in England last summer as faculty for the UVU study abroad program. For one excursion we went to Greenwich. (where our measurement of time is based from) After finishing lunch we started to walk down an old circular staircase to pay. I stopped while waiting for others and then all of a sudden I was on the floor. Not sure what happened but this much I am sure of, I had fallen straight down the stairs. The macho thing to do, which of course I did, was to stand up very quickly and convince everyone I was ok. The next thing I knew I was being woken up by a student. I had passed out and collapsed backwards right onto the hard floor. Luckily I'm hard headed or have a hard head depending on who you ask. I was ok and enjoyed the rest of the trip with no side effects. Upon developing my film I was treated to this little memory. The back of the camera popped open a pinch from my fall. So here is my post-modern tribute to Marcel Duchamp's modernist masterpiece…Photographer Descending a Staircase.

0 comments:

 
© 2012 Travis Lovell Photography - All Rights Reserved